Kickboard question

Former Member
Former Member
I have been trying to get back into lap swimming after many years off. I've just been doing the kickboard to start off. I do freestyle kick and breaststroke kick and aim for a mile. It takes me about 42 minutes. The pool I use is short (44 laps=mile). Is this a good time for a mile only kicking?? I feel like I'm going so slow. I'm going to get goggles so I can start adding arms next week.
Parents
  • OMG, kicking is my nemesis, and if I could do a mile in 42 minutes using a kickboard, I''d dance in the streets (but me and kick sets = "it's complicated"). Have you considered joining a masters' group or even an adult swim class? It would give you a better idea of your progress so far, but meanwhile I'm envious!
  • OMG, kicking is my nemesis, and if I could do a mile in 42 minutes using a kickboard, I''d dance in the streets (but me and kick sets = "it's complicated"). Have you considered joining a masters' group or even an adult swim class? It would give you a better idea of your progress so far, but meanwhile I'm envious!
Children
No Data