Personal best in the age of 36. Yes it is possible

Former Member
Former Member
Last weekend at the german masters championchips, I smashed my personal best in the 50m backstroke about more than half of one second! I swam 28,38. My best time was 28,9 (about 15 years ago). I still can't belive that...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Thank you. But actually I don't make race pace work much. I did some of course, but not much...And I am not a sprinter, my best results are more in 100m and 200m back.... This year, I only changed my athletic program and I am doing some yoga, but my swimming program was almost the same... 3 weeks before the meet, I started to taper, one week more than usually, but I don't know, if this affect my performence that much... On the race, I was looking on 4 things: start, breathing, turn and finish. Since I am focusing on my breath, I am feeling much more better in the end of the race... On the first 25m, I try to breath just one or two times. Since I am in the 35-39 age group, I am feeling more confident at all, and I try to win my race and crack my opponents down.. I knew there was one guy out there, who is better sprinter than me and who is going to win 9 of 10 times, I have only one chance to win, if I do the perfect race, on a perfect day... And this was the race of my life in 50m backstroke...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Thank you. But actually I don't make race pace work much. I did some of course, but not much...And I am not a sprinter, my best results are more in 100m and 200m back.... This year, I only changed my athletic program and I am doing some yoga, but my swimming program was almost the same... 3 weeks before the meet, I started to taper, one week more than usually, but I don't know, if this affect my performence that much... On the race, I was looking on 4 things: start, breathing, turn and finish. Since I am focusing on my breath, I am feeling much more better in the end of the race... On the first 25m, I try to breath just one or two times. Since I am in the 35-39 age group, I am feeling more confident at all, and I try to win my race and crack my opponents down.. I knew there was one guy out there, who is better sprinter than me and who is going to win 9 of 10 times, I have only one chance to win, if I do the perfect race, on a perfect day... And this was the race of my life in 50m backstroke...
Children
No Data