Speedo Vanquisher Goggles

The Women's Vanquisher is the only goggle I can wear without leaking. I tend to purchase about 4 pair at a time when they are on sale, so I may have had them for awhile before I wear them. Here's the problem: For the third time in the last year or so, the coating has bubbled up on the first wearing, making them unusable. The first time it happened, I was at Nationals where a Speedo rep switched them out as flawed. It's not so convenient when you don't have a Speedo rep nearby. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you handled it? Love the goggles, but hate throwing them away after one wearing!
Parents
  • Over the weekend I got horrible sick with a sinus infection that's spread to my eyes - don't worry, it's being treated, so you will all be spared this hell. So, I decided it was in my best interest to dump my goggles. Over the past year I've raced in Vanquishers & TYR Velocity recently and had the Women's Vanquishers in the past. My eyes are set slightly close together, so I tend to do better with smaller models. I really like the Vanquishers but I found they don't quite form the proper seal in the inside corner of the eyes for me, so they can be prone to leak there. The TYR Velocity fit my eyes really, really well but they have more of a tendency for strap slippage than the Vanquishers...for me, this means they are more prone to get knocked around a touch on the dive and let water slip in. I've found I can double up caps to eliminate this problem (cap, goggles, cap). If I do just goggles then cap, I find I have so much hair it makes the goggles slide under the cap. This works fine for 200's and under but anything over a 200 I get too hot racing in two caps. Heck, I'll only wear latex for the 1000 because silicone is too hot for me in that. Anyways, I almost ordered the women's Vanquishers since I recall loving those but I decided to order a pair of TYR Velocity and a pair of TYR Blackhawk. They're supposed to come in today so I'll be testing them out today and tomorrow to decide which I'll use this weekend. I'm kinda hoping the Blackhawks are perfect because they look super cool. I love racing in shiny, dark, metallic goggles.
  • Over the weekend I got horrible sick with a sinus infection that's spread to my eyes - don't worry, it's being treated, so you will all be spared this hell. So, I decided it was in my best interest to dump my goggles. Over the past year I've raced in Vanquishers & TYR Velocity recently and had the Women's Vanquishers in the past. My eyes are set slightly close together, so I tend to do better with smaller models. I really like the Vanquishers but I found they don't quite form the proper seal in the inside corner of the eyes for me, so they can be prone to leak there. The TYR Velocity fit my eyes really, really well but they have more of a tendency for strap slippage than the Vanquishers...for me, this means they are more prone to get knocked around a touch on the dive and let water slip in. I've found I can double up caps to eliminate this problem (cap, goggles, cap). If I do just goggles then cap, I find I have so much hair it makes the goggles slide under the cap. This works fine for 200's and under but anything over a 200 I get too hot racing in two caps. Heck, I'll only wear latex for the 1000 because silicone is too hot for me in that. Anyways, I almost ordered the women's Vanquishers since I recall loving those but I decided to order a pair of TYR Velocity and a pair of TYR Blackhawk. They're supposed to come in today so I'll be testing them out today and tomorrow to decide which I'll use this weekend. I'm kinda hoping the Blackhawks are perfect because they look super cool. I love racing in shiny, dark, metallic goggles.
Children
No Data