Speedo Vanquisher Goggles

The Women's Vanquisher is the only goggle I can wear without leaking. I tend to purchase about 4 pair at a time when they are on sale, so I may have had them for awhile before I wear them. Here's the problem: For the third time in the last year or so, the coating has bubbled up on the first wearing, making them unusable. The first time it happened, I was at Nationals where a Speedo rep switched them out as flawed. It's not so convenient when you don't have a Speedo rep nearby. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you handled it? Love the goggles, but hate throwing them away after one wearing!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you handled it? Ditto on the baby shampoo. A smudge on each lens, and a quick shake under water before you put them on, and they're good for eternity. I've had crappy older pairs that have come back to life using this method. The shampoo should go on before you drive to the pool. This gives it some time to bind to the plastic. (btw...before every practice, not every few days) A good rule of thumb is to never ever wipe the inside of the googles with a towel when you first get them. That coating comes right off. For what it's worth, I've always found that the goggles fog after the first week or two, despite the coating.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you handled it? Ditto on the baby shampoo. A smudge on each lens, and a quick shake under water before you put them on, and they're good for eternity. I've had crappy older pairs that have come back to life using this method. The shampoo should go on before you drive to the pool. This gives it some time to bind to the plastic. (btw...before every practice, not every few days) A good rule of thumb is to never ever wipe the inside of the googles with a towel when you first get them. That coating comes right off. For what it's worth, I've always found that the goggles fog after the first week or two, despite the coating.
Children
No Data