Speedo Vanquisher Goggles

The Women's Vanquisher is the only goggle I can wear without leaking. I tend to purchase about 4 pair at a time when they are on sale, so I may have had them for awhile before I wear them. Here's the problem: For the third time in the last year or so, the coating has bubbled up on the first wearing, making them unusable. The first time it happened, I was at Nationals where a Speedo rep switched them out as flawed. It's not so convenient when you don't have a Speedo rep nearby. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you handled it? Love the goggles, but hate throwing them away after one wearing!
Parents
  • Anna Lea, I had the same thing happen with the anti-fog coating in my stash of Tyr Women's T-72 Petite goggles. That coating never seems to last in goggles anyway (I keep mine in a case, too!), so as soon as I notice the cracks in the coating, I go ahead and remove it. After that, I use my homemade spray bottle solution of 1 ounce each of water and rubbing alcohol along with a drop of baby shampoo. :hijack: P.S. I read your answer to the question in Swimmer Magazine. Bruce and I enjoy reading Consumer Reports, too! I can't think of one significant purchase (including our Toyota Prius) we have made without reading their reviews. We've been happy with the results!
  • Anna Lea, I had the same thing happen with the anti-fog coating in my stash of Tyr Women's T-72 Petite goggles. That coating never seems to last in goggles anyway (I keep mine in a case, too!), so as soon as I notice the cracks in the coating, I go ahead and remove it. After that, I use my homemade spray bottle solution of 1 ounce each of water and rubbing alcohol along with a drop of baby shampoo. :hijack: P.S. I read your answer to the question in Swimmer Magazine. Bruce and I enjoy reading Consumer Reports, too! I can't think of one significant purchase (including our Toyota Prius) we have made without reading their reviews. We've been happy with the results!
Children
No Data