Swimming with abdominal hernia

Anyone with knowledge about swimming with abdominal hernia? I'm new and my coach encourages me and I love to swim.
Parents
  • Are you talking about swimming post-hernia repair? Or, swimming while you've still got it? I still have the abdominal hernia left over from a surgery. It's the size of a cantaloupe. The surgeries are risky for me. The doctor said to "live with it." I haven't dove off a platform. I'm worried that the hernia will get worse. I was hoping U.S. Masters would allow a full suit that would protect the area, but it's my understanding they don't. Anyone know what workouts I can and cannot do with a hernia? I really feel the need for speed.
  • Are you talking about swimming post-hernia repair? Or, swimming while you've still got it? I still have the abdominal hernia left over from a surgery. It's the size of a cantaloupe. The surgeries are risky for me. The doctor said to "live with it." I haven't dove off a platform. I'm worried that the hernia will get worse. I was hoping U.S. Masters would allow a full suit that would protect the area, but it's my understanding they don't. Anyone know what workouts I can and cannot do with a hernia? I really feel the need for speed.
Children
No Data