Snorkel use

Our coach doesn't give specific times or workouts to use the snorkel. I love mine but I'm not sure when it's the best time to use it? I have been using it at the end in the pull sets but can it be effectively used in main cardio focused sets?
Parents
  • I finally figured out the nose clip thanks to the tip kindly posted in this forum. :applaud: Still I feel like I could be getting better use out of the snorkel. Hence, a few followup questions (and emoticons) ...:worms: Any tips on doing flip turns with a snorkel? I've been doing these awkward open turns that make my Finis snorkel slip to the side, but I've seen some of the speedy swimmers at my pool do fast turns with the snorkel, blowing out water post-streamline like orca whales. :bow: I have tried but I tend to get water in the snorkel and am afraid of breathing it in my lungs. Also, are there recommended uses of the snorkel for strokes other than freestyle, for example, any breaststroke and fly drills? Don't worry, I am not thinking of trying it with backstroke. (: Thanks! It takes practice to turn. It forces you to keep head in line. Snorkel needs to be on straight and snug. Always keep lungs inflated to clear the tube on turns and you will be fine. Dont worry about inhaling water, your body wont let that happen. I use the snorkel also for fly, and ***, and have used it during hypoxic back
  • I finally figured out the nose clip thanks to the tip kindly posted in this forum. :applaud: Still I feel like I could be getting better use out of the snorkel. Hence, a few followup questions (and emoticons) ...:worms: Any tips on doing flip turns with a snorkel? I've been doing these awkward open turns that make my Finis snorkel slip to the side, but I've seen some of the speedy swimmers at my pool do fast turns with the snorkel, blowing out water post-streamline like orca whales. :bow: I have tried but I tend to get water in the snorkel and am afraid of breathing it in my lungs. Also, are there recommended uses of the snorkel for strokes other than freestyle, for example, any breaststroke and fly drills? Don't worry, I am not thinking of trying it with backstroke. (: Thanks! It takes practice to turn. It forces you to keep head in line. Snorkel needs to be on straight and snug. Always keep lungs inflated to clear the tube on turns and you will be fine. Dont worry about inhaling water, your body wont let that happen. I use the snorkel also for fly, and ***, and have used it during hypoxic back
Children
No Data