Snorkel use

Our coach doesn't give specific times or workouts to use the snorkel. I love mine but I'm not sure when it's the best time to use it? I have been using it at the end in the pull sets but can it be effectively used in main cardio focused sets?
Parents
  • Has anyone used a snorkel brand other than Finis? My Finis snorkel has given me years of great service, but at this point the headband is quite worn out and uncomfortable on my forehead. I know Speedo also makes one and there's an "MP" (Michael Phelps) branded one sold by Aqua Sphere. P.S. I've never needed a nose clip while using my snorkel, but it sounds like plenty of people do. Probably depends on whether you can naturally breathe solely through your mouth or not. I use the Speedo Hydralign snorkel, no problems at all with it, although it's pretty bulky. I like it quite a bit, much better than the one I used back in my age group days that didn't have a purge valve. The nose clip only comes in handy on flipturns for me. When I swim without a snorkel, I blow all my air out through my nose during the turn and underwater. Can't do that with a snorkel, since if I do that, I don't have enough air left to clear the tube. Once I'm on the surface, no problems just being a mouth breather :D
  • Has anyone used a snorkel brand other than Finis? My Finis snorkel has given me years of great service, but at this point the headband is quite worn out and uncomfortable on my forehead. I know Speedo also makes one and there's an "MP" (Michael Phelps) branded one sold by Aqua Sphere. P.S. I've never needed a nose clip while using my snorkel, but it sounds like plenty of people do. Probably depends on whether you can naturally breathe solely through your mouth or not. I use the Speedo Hydralign snorkel, no problems at all with it, although it's pretty bulky. I like it quite a bit, much better than the one I used back in my age group days that didn't have a purge valve. The nose clip only comes in handy on flipturns for me. When I swim without a snorkel, I blow all my air out through my nose during the turn and underwater. Can't do that with a snorkel, since if I do that, I don't have enough air left to clear the tube. Once I'm on the surface, no problems just being a mouth breather :D
Children
No Data