Snorkel use

Our coach doesn't give specific times or workouts to use the snorkel. I love mine but I'm not sure when it's the best time to use it? I have been using it at the end in the pull sets but can it be effectively used in main cardio focused sets?
Parents
  • Snorkels work best in a threesome...of you, the snorkel, and a nose clip. Also works best if you have a snorkel with a purge valve, much better than the old style ones with no purge valve. i started with a nose clip but when we swam long course this summer decided to skip the nose clip and gradually adapted to using it without the nose clip. I have also worked on going over over straight with seems to help with keeping the snorkel on my head.
  • Snorkels work best in a threesome...of you, the snorkel, and a nose clip. Also works best if you have a snorkel with a purge valve, much better than the old style ones with no purge valve. i started with a nose clip but when we swam long course this summer decided to skip the nose clip and gradually adapted to using it without the nose clip. I have also worked on going over over straight with seems to help with keeping the snorkel on my head.
Children
No Data