Snorkel use

Our coach doesn't give specific times or workouts to use the snorkel. I love mine but I'm not sure when it's the best time to use it? I have been using it at the end in the pull sets but can it be effectively used in main cardio focused sets?
Parents
  • I think the snorkel is the most flexible swim tool I own. I use it for different things at different times during my workout. I always use it during my warmup to avoid neck turning until I am warmed up. I then use it based on the focus of a specific set for streamline kick, drill focus on hand entry to remove breathing, aerobic sets(I own the cardio cap and add it to add even more of a cardio challenge), sprinting where I want to focus on tempo and remove breathing without going into oxygen debt. The only thing I don't do is mix my snorkel with other equipment. I have tried it with paddles but find my turns are a challenge. It's almost like there is too much going on. I love my snorkel!
  • I think the snorkel is the most flexible swim tool I own. I use it for different things at different times during my workout. I always use it during my warmup to avoid neck turning until I am warmed up. I then use it based on the focus of a specific set for streamline kick, drill focus on hand entry to remove breathing, aerobic sets(I own the cardio cap and add it to add even more of a cardio challenge), sprinting where I want to focus on tempo and remove breathing without going into oxygen debt. The only thing I don't do is mix my snorkel with other equipment. I have tried it with paddles but find my turns are a challenge. It's almost like there is too much going on. I love my snorkel!
Children
No Data