Snorkel use

Our coach doesn't give specific times or workouts to use the snorkel. I love mine but I'm not sure when it's the best time to use it? I have been using it at the end in the pull sets but can it be effectively used in main cardio focused sets?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Okay but I don't have that kind of coach..so I wondered when is best, when does your coach use it, for example. There is no decisive solution on when is best. You must have a training program. Snorkel mostly shall help you to improve your aerobic capacity, so based on that goal you must have some sets and for an example if you swim free with the snorkel you can use it in those days when you don't swim a lot of freestyle. Usually coaches here allow its use for not more that 15-20 and mostly in the second half of your training session. Hope this helps!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Okay but I don't have that kind of coach..so I wondered when is best, when does your coach use it, for example. There is no decisive solution on when is best. You must have a training program. Snorkel mostly shall help you to improve your aerobic capacity, so based on that goal you must have some sets and for an example if you swim free with the snorkel you can use it in those days when you don't swim a lot of freestyle. Usually coaches here allow its use for not more that 15-20 and mostly in the second half of your training session. Hope this helps!
Children
No Data