Rob Butcher Leaving for Swim Across America

swimswam.com/.../ Congrats and good luck, Rob!
Parents
  • Getting pool space can be a schedule challenge and expensive. The addition of 25s and 100 yard relays would have been a tool that event directors or clubs could use to overcome both (i.e. offer a meet of 25s, 50s & 100s only, charge splash fee on 25s to generate more gross, etc.). 25s is also likely to be attractive to beginner adults. I support adding tools and new programs that can be of benefit to our event directors, clubs and members. I am also reminded that sometimes legislation can take several conventions to pass like the 18-24 age group and relay categories for SCY. I hope 25s and 100 yard relays will be proposed in 2016 and be passed. It was a year ago that I first discussed with USMS President Nadine Day that my wife Alli and I wanted to be closer to our family, especially with our twins reaching the kindergarten stage. We planned during the winter/spring the transition and I had every intent of staying with USMS. SAA fell into my lap when Janel decided she wanted to step down end of the year to spend more time with her family, something I absolutely understand and respect. I am honored to be able to serve a life changing mission like SAA through my love of swimming. I shared in this blog my thought process: forums.usms.org/blog.php ... Rob
  • Getting pool space can be a schedule challenge and expensive. The addition of 25s and 100 yard relays would have been a tool that event directors or clubs could use to overcome both (i.e. offer a meet of 25s, 50s & 100s only, charge splash fee on 25s to generate more gross, etc.). 25s is also likely to be attractive to beginner adults. I support adding tools and new programs that can be of benefit to our event directors, clubs and members. I am also reminded that sometimes legislation can take several conventions to pass like the 18-24 age group and relay categories for SCY. I hope 25s and 100 yard relays will be proposed in 2016 and be passed. It was a year ago that I first discussed with USMS President Nadine Day that my wife Alli and I wanted to be closer to our family, especially with our twins reaching the kindergarten stage. We planned during the winter/spring the transition and I had every intent of staying with USMS. SAA fell into my lap when Janel decided she wanted to step down end of the year to spend more time with her family, something I absolutely understand and respect. I am honored to be able to serve a life changing mission like SAA through my love of swimming. I shared in this blog my thought process: forums.usms.org/blog.php ... Rob
Children
No Data