Ocean swimming in Barcelona and Lisbon

Will be visiting Barcelona in early October and Lisbon towards the end of October. Would love to have a swim in the Mediterranean in Barcelona and the Atlantic in Lisbon. Any suggestions for a safe, clean and convenient beach to swim in either place?
Parents
  • I'm here in Barcelona right now. Check out my blog (there should be a link in the footer). If you stay at the Hilton Diagonal del Mar, you're about a 5 min walk to the water. It is a close walk from the Maresme/Forum Metro or Tram stop. The beaches around Barceloneta are busier for people sunning, but I'm not sure how they are for actual swimming. I've seen many swimmers swimming in wetsuits, towing buoys. But I've been just swimming in a brief/goggles. Shoot me a PM if you need more info.
  • I'm here in Barcelona right now. Check out my blog (there should be a link in the footer). If you stay at the Hilton Diagonal del Mar, you're about a 5 min walk to the water. It is a close walk from the Maresme/Forum Metro or Tram stop. The beaches around Barceloneta are busier for people sunning, but I'm not sure how they are for actual swimming. I've seen many swimmers swimming in wetsuits, towing buoys. But I've been just swimming in a brief/goggles. Shoot me a PM if you need more info.
Children
No Data