Shoulder Surgery advice

I am scheduled to have Shoulder Surgery (Arthroscopic) in November to remove a bone spur. Thankfully it is only a bone spur and I do not have any rotator cuff damage. Does anyone have any thoughts on pre-surgery rehab? A lane mate of mine suggested it and said it made a huge difference in his post surgery rehab from shoulder reconstruction surgery a few years ago. Also, if you had the surgery- how long were you out of the water? Thanks.
Parents
  • Steve/ Laineybug.. Thanks for the info on the cold therapy machine.. I ended up using one for about 2 weeks after my surgery (in early November). I am back in the water (swimming only *** stroke and kicking) and hope to start some freestyle/back stroke this week after getting my surgeons blessing.. The Physical Terrorist that I am seeing knows that I am anxious to get back in the water and has put me thru the ringer with my therapy.. Thanks again for the info on the cold therapy machine.. Ice Cream to win? Where do I sign up for that? Do they have a beer division? :)
  • Steve/ Laineybug.. Thanks for the info on the cold therapy machine.. I ended up using one for about 2 weeks after my surgery (in early November). I am back in the water (swimming only *** stroke and kicking) and hope to start some freestyle/back stroke this week after getting my surgeons blessing.. The Physical Terrorist that I am seeing knows that I am anxious to get back in the water and has put me thru the ringer with my therapy.. Thanks again for the info on the cold therapy machine.. Ice Cream to win? Where do I sign up for that? Do they have a beer division? :)
Children
No Data