Shoulder Surgery advice

I am scheduled to have Shoulder Surgery (Arthroscopic) in November to remove a bone spur. Thankfully it is only a bone spur and I do not have any rotator cuff damage. Does anyone have any thoughts on pre-surgery rehab? A lane mate of mine suggested it and said it made a huge difference in his post surgery rehab from shoulder reconstruction surgery a few years ago. Also, if you had the surgery- how long were you out of the water? Thanks.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I had several pins/screws put into my shoulder after being in an accident. I agree with the use of ice... But if you hurt don't hesitate to use your pain meds. There is research that shows you heal faster when pain is properly managed. My physical therapy was quite aggressive (PT code for painful). Therapist told me to take pain meds before therapy. That helped. Best of luck with your surgery and recovery.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I had several pins/screws put into my shoulder after being in an accident. I agree with the use of ice... But if you hurt don't hesitate to use your pain meds. There is research that shows you heal faster when pain is properly managed. My physical therapy was quite aggressive (PT code for painful). Therapist told me to take pain meds before therapy. That helped. Best of luck with your surgery and recovery.
Children
No Data