Odd Department Store Display

I was in a local Target department store (Dartmouth, MA) with the wife and h.s. son yesterday.,While they were back-to-school shopping I was just strolling around. There in the electronics section I came upon a display of swimming goggles. Not along with other swimming/pool items, just the goggles...with electronic stuff all around. Odd! Dan
Parents
  • They are an obvious navigation aid and, as such, are illegal for USMS open water racing under rules 303.7.2D and 303.7.3C, "Swimmers are not permitted to wear or use any additional device or substance to help their speed, pace, navigation, buoyancy or endurance during a swim (such as webbed gloves, fins, snorkels, audio players, etc.) , except in designated events where all swimmers may use similar devices or substances." That's a pretty ambiguous rule. One could read it as saying tech suits, swim caps, and even standard goggles are not allowed. Dan
  • They are an obvious navigation aid and, as such, are illegal for USMS open water racing under rules 303.7.2D and 303.7.3C, "Swimmers are not permitted to wear or use any additional device or substance to help their speed, pace, navigation, buoyancy or endurance during a swim (such as webbed gloves, fins, snorkels, audio players, etc.) , except in designated events where all swimmers may use similar devices or substances." That's a pretty ambiguous rule. One could read it as saying tech suits, swim caps, and even standard goggles are not allowed. Dan
Children
No Data