Help my fly

Former Member
Former Member
the butterfly stroke always takes a toll on my lower back, does everybody experience that or have i done the wrong technique? Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Parents
  • Side breathing is definitely an alternative. If you try this, Shamu, be sure that you have the ability to breathe bilaterally, at least every other length. Otherwise, you could be putting too much pressure on your neck and you could also be emphasizing an uneven finish of the pull. Exactly. I used to side-breathe fly in high school; however, I am unable to do so now without A LOT of neck pain after awhile. If you have any spinal issues with your neck (I have a boatload!), I would advise against it. Instead, breathe by lifting your head as little as possible, and try to keep your face down looking at the bottom of the pool rather than looking ahead.
  • Side breathing is definitely an alternative. If you try this, Shamu, be sure that you have the ability to breathe bilaterally, at least every other length. Otherwise, you could be putting too much pressure on your neck and you could also be emphasizing an uneven finish of the pull. Exactly. I used to side-breathe fly in high school; however, I am unable to do so now without A LOT of neck pain after awhile. If you have any spinal issues with your neck (I have a boatload!), I would advise against it. Instead, breathe by lifting your head as little as possible, and try to keep your face down looking at the bottom of the pool rather than looking ahead.
Children
No Data