Do You "Wash" Your Swimsuit?

Do you wash your swimsuit? I'm talking about putting it in the regular laundry with your other dirty clothes. I don't think I've ever "washed" any of my suits. I feel like it's clean enough coming out of the pool, and then showered in. A couple of years ago I became the sole launderer for my family. We have an in-ground pool and in the summers my work-at-home wife likes to lounge by the pool. But she's a 'bather' and not a fitness swimmer like us. Yet she puts her suits in the laundry. I think it's weird, but it's not a fight I'm going to take on. Just wondering if others wash their swimsuits. Dan
  • I rinse my suit, then spin dry it after every workout.
  • I bath my suit in chlorine, shower afterwards and then wrap it in a towel, throw in my swim bag and leave it there for most of the day. By the time I get home to hang it up it's mostly dry :)
  • +1. Always read the tag and follow those instructions if you want your suit to last. I've kept track of my suit mileage in my FLOG, and my Speedo Endurance suits as well as my Tyr Durafast suits last about 300 miles. I'm sure that wouldn't have been the case had I not followed the recommendations for care. Sure, my suit smells like chlorine after it dries, but so what? It's going to end up right back in the chlorine the following day! :agree: x2 Mark
  • NO Just rinse it after you swim when you shower. then spin it if you have a spinner then hang it and let it air dry Sometimes to dry my suit faster I roll it in a dry towel, then step on it, to squeeze out more water. after swim practice when I park in my garage at work, I always put my towel to dry on my car window and hang my suit to dry on my driver side rear view mirror
  • Yes, I wash it in clean cold water. Hang it up to dry. I still have a racing suit from 1962 that I could wear...if I had the nerve...back then we called them tank suits made from thin nylon. However, from 1966 until 2014 I wasn't in a pool. Remember the days of no goggles...eye drops, and swim, swim, swim until you dropped. The next day you started all over again. My eyes would burn for hours. If I had to choose the best training aid in swimming it would be the goggles.
  • I was thinking about this. I suppose that 'laundering' a suit with the rest of the household laundry that it could potentially be bad for the pool's PH balance. Any laundry agents that remain in the fabric, particularly softener, would come out in the pool. Dan