Do You "Wash" Your Swimsuit?

Do you wash your swimsuit? I'm talking about putting it in the regular laundry with your other dirty clothes. I don't think I've ever "washed" any of my suits. I feel like it's clean enough coming out of the pool, and then showered in. A couple of years ago I became the sole launderer for my family. We have an in-ground pool and in the summers my work-at-home wife likes to lounge by the pool. But she's a 'bather' and not a fitness swimmer like us. Yet she puts her suits in the laundry. I think it's weird, but it's not a fight I'm going to take on. Just wondering if others wash their swimsuits. Dan
Parents
  • All I know is that, if I had used a new towel every time I swam as a teenager my mom would have done laundry every day of the week. Now I use my towel for at least 2 practices unless I forget to hang it to dry... Your comment reminds me of some high school guys on my team in the 80's that didn't wash their hair for months. They said their two swims a day counted as showers. They had metallic-looking (kinda' cool but very damaged) hair... Uck ggobears! I am a lover of luxury showers, or at least as good as I can have in a HS or Community shower. I always take a fluffy, soft, fresh towel to practice to dry w/afterwards. I also use super good smelling bath products (Lush, or Whole Foods soap) and take lingering, relaxing warm showers. I'm even willing to fight for the stall with the strongest water flow. Seriously, I usually go straight to work after swimming and try to use the shower as a wind-down and pamper time. I know people make fun of me and my long showers, but they keep me happy and sane to deal with the 275 students I see per day.
  • All I know is that, if I had used a new towel every time I swam as a teenager my mom would have done laundry every day of the week. Now I use my towel for at least 2 practices unless I forget to hang it to dry... Your comment reminds me of some high school guys on my team in the 80's that didn't wash their hair for months. They said their two swims a day counted as showers. They had metallic-looking (kinda' cool but very damaged) hair... Uck ggobears! I am a lover of luxury showers, or at least as good as I can have in a HS or Community shower. I always take a fluffy, soft, fresh towel to practice to dry w/afterwards. I also use super good smelling bath products (Lush, or Whole Foods soap) and take lingering, relaxing warm showers. I'm even willing to fight for the stall with the strongest water flow. Seriously, I usually go straight to work after swimming and try to use the shower as a wind-down and pamper time. I know people make fun of me and my long showers, but they keep me happy and sane to deal with the 275 students I see per day.
Children
No Data