Do You "Wash" Your Swimsuit?

Do you wash your swimsuit? I'm talking about putting it in the regular laundry with your other dirty clothes. I don't think I've ever "washed" any of my suits. I feel like it's clean enough coming out of the pool, and then showered in. A couple of years ago I became the sole launderer for my family. We have an in-ground pool and in the summers my work-at-home wife likes to lounge by the pool. But she's a 'bather' and not a fitness swimmer like us. Yet she puts her suits in the laundry. I think it's weird, but it's not a fight I'm going to take on. Just wondering if others wash their swimsuits. Dan
Parents
  • And then ---- buy a new suit every start of the season!!! I never know what people mean when they say, "season," on here. I swim year-round, but don't swim in meets, so there really aren't any seasons (other than the normal winter, spring, summer, and fall). If I had to guess, I probably get 4-5 suits a year, but don't necessarily wear the same one every time. When the water is cooler, I wear a brief with drag suit over it, when it is warmer just a brief. I get a new suit when I need one. Usually stock up when I see a sale. Sometimes pick up an unusual/local one when I'm traveling. If I go to work after swim workout, I drape the towel over the back seat of my car, and drape my suit(s) over my wet bag (gear bag and flip-flops come out). Then when I get home, I rinse suits again (they get rinsed when I shower after swim), hang suits and towel in shower. If I come straight home, the suit(s) still get rinsed in shower, then goes straight for another rinse and hang in shower at home. Back when I first started swimming regularly, I used to wash my suit in the washer (with laundry) every week. At some point I stopped that.
  • And then ---- buy a new suit every start of the season!!! I never know what people mean when they say, "season," on here. I swim year-round, but don't swim in meets, so there really aren't any seasons (other than the normal winter, spring, summer, and fall). If I had to guess, I probably get 4-5 suits a year, but don't necessarily wear the same one every time. When the water is cooler, I wear a brief with drag suit over it, when it is warmer just a brief. I get a new suit when I need one. Usually stock up when I see a sale. Sometimes pick up an unusual/local one when I'm traveling. If I go to work after swim workout, I drape the towel over the back seat of my car, and drape my suit(s) over my wet bag (gear bag and flip-flops come out). Then when I get home, I rinse suits again (they get rinsed when I shower after swim), hang suits and towel in shower. If I come straight home, the suit(s) still get rinsed in shower, then goes straight for another rinse and hang in shower at home. Back when I first started swimming regularly, I used to wash my suit in the washer (with laundry) every week. At some point I stopped that.
Children
No Data