Do You "Wash" Your Swimsuit?

Do you wash your swimsuit? I'm talking about putting it in the regular laundry with your other dirty clothes. I don't think I've ever "washed" any of my suits. I feel like it's clean enough coming out of the pool, and then showered in. A couple of years ago I became the sole launderer for my family. We have an in-ground pool and in the summers my work-at-home wife likes to lounge by the pool. But she's a 'bather' and not a fitness swimmer like us. Yet she puts her suits in the laundry. I think it's weird, but it's not a fight I'm going to take on. Just wondering if others wash their swimsuits. Dan
Parents
  • I soak mine in the sink with cold water and some mild detergent and do a couple good rinses in cold water, roll them in a towel, take them out and sling them over the tub. Showering doesn't get the chlorine out, and I'm leery of putting an expensive Speedo at the mercy of the laundry machine, even on a hand wash cycle, although folks here may have success tossing theirs in the machine. It's probably not an issue if it's a fashion suit vs. a workout suit. FYI, those machines at some gyms that wring your suits out are awful. They took them out of our rec centers because they destroyed bathing suits and people were complaining.
  • I soak mine in the sink with cold water and some mild detergent and do a couple good rinses in cold water, roll them in a towel, take them out and sling them over the tub. Showering doesn't get the chlorine out, and I'm leery of putting an expensive Speedo at the mercy of the laundry machine, even on a hand wash cycle, although folks here may have success tossing theirs in the machine. It's probably not an issue if it's a fashion suit vs. a workout suit. FYI, those machines at some gyms that wring your suits out are awful. They took them out of our rec centers because they destroyed bathing suits and people were complaining.
Children
No Data