Can someone start at 31 with the intent to compete?

Former Member
Former Member
Not just for fitness, because that would be discouraging.
Parents
  • Thanks Elaine! Watching you recover from your injury so quickly and be so positive throughout the journey has also been inspirational. I'm excited to see you swim in Greensboro next spring. Thanks, Fly Trap! :D It (my recovery) was great while it lasted; however, I had a setback 10 days ago. It wasn't even on a breaststroke kick, either. On a dolphin kick off the wall before the backstroke leg of an easy-paced 100 IM, I felt a pain in my hip and had to stop. :badday: Since then, I have been doing sculling and pulling exclusively while I wait to see if this is going to heal. If I tore the labrum again, it won't; however, my surgeon said he thinks I only "aggravated the scar tissue". He has ordered 3 weeks rest and Meloxicam (NSAID). I sure hope that does the trick! Meanwhile, it has shaken my confidence in my hip. It was going great, and I was able to build back up to race-pace intensity; however, my future in competition is back on hold. :censor:
  • Thanks Elaine! Watching you recover from your injury so quickly and be so positive throughout the journey has also been inspirational. I'm excited to see you swim in Greensboro next spring. Thanks, Fly Trap! :D It (my recovery) was great while it lasted; however, I had a setback 10 days ago. It wasn't even on a breaststroke kick, either. On a dolphin kick off the wall before the backstroke leg of an easy-paced 100 IM, I felt a pain in my hip and had to stop. :badday: Since then, I have been doing sculling and pulling exclusively while I wait to see if this is going to heal. If I tore the labrum again, it won't; however, my surgeon said he thinks I only "aggravated the scar tissue". He has ordered 3 weeks rest and Meloxicam (NSAID). I sure hope that does the trick! Meanwhile, it has shaken my confidence in my hip. It was going great, and I was able to build back up to race-pace intensity; however, my future in competition is back on hold. :censor:
Children
No Data