Can someone start at 31 with the intent to compete?

Former Member
Former Member
Not just for fitness, because that would be discouraging.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I hear a lot of Masters swimmers say, "I'll never be that fast." My answer is always, "Why not?" Geek, always the wise one with straight and to the point answers. I've never looked to the Top 10 and National/World Record holders as benchmarks for my swimming. I do enjoy seeing what adults are capable of doing in the pool when they get beyond their 20's and 30's, but my own benchmarks and goals are really just about improving upon what I've already done. Or, depending upon the level of work I've put into my training, just attempting not to slow down too much!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I hear a lot of Masters swimmers say, "I'll never be that fast." My answer is always, "Why not?" Geek, always the wise one with straight and to the point answers. I've never looked to the Top 10 and National/World Record holders as benchmarks for my swimming. I do enjoy seeing what adults are capable of doing in the pool when they get beyond their 20's and 30's, but my own benchmarks and goals are really just about improving upon what I've already done. Or, depending upon the level of work I've put into my training, just attempting not to slow down too much!
Children
No Data