WSJ Article on Masters Swimming

Even our friend Aquageek gets a mention! www.wsj.com/.../in-u-s-masters-swimming-training-is-more-important-than-the-race-1438622826 I think the article is fine as far as it goes, but it would be nice if they at least mentioned that competition IS a big facet of masters swimming for lots of us. Sure lots of USMS members do not compete, but how many other adult sports can boast of having an annual national championship event where ~2,000 athletes compete?
Parents
  • I might as well put it out there. Lane space is limited in most pools. Fitness and non competitive swimmers tend to be short term members. They also take up lane space. While it is good in theory to invite the huddled masses, these speed bumps impact others who are the core of every team. This isn't an issue for teams with ample lane space but is for smaller pools. I also agree with Chris' comments.
  • I might as well put it out there. Lane space is limited in most pools. Fitness and non competitive swimmers tend to be short term members. They also take up lane space. While it is good in theory to invite the huddled masses, these speed bumps impact others who are the core of every team. This isn't an issue for teams with ample lane space but is for smaller pools. I also agree with Chris' comments.
Children
No Data