2015 Worlds / Who's doping & who's clean

2015 Worlds / Who's doping & who's clean 2015 Worlds Results Day 1 Sun, Aug 2, 2015 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8
Parents
  • Why are people saying dolphin kick = fly? The dolphin kick is used in all four strokes. I do more dolphin kicking in a 50 back than I do backstroke swimming ...I believe the dolphin kick discussion is a bit of hyperbole. However, currently dolphin kick is defined as an aspect of the butterfly stroke; similar to how being on your back is defined as an aspect of backstroke. The debate seems to be centered on how many aspects of a stroke must be present and for how long for your swim to be considered that stroke. This seems like a typical FINA response, shoot from the hip without thinking through the consequencesI’m not sure who is shooting from the hip. To the best of my knowledge FINA hasn’t said anything officially. All the conversation appears to be is coming from the swimming community, not FINA. It may just be rampant speculation on our part or it may be a trial balloon floated by FINA. I’m very interested in seeing where this goes.
  • Why are people saying dolphin kick = fly? The dolphin kick is used in all four strokes. I do more dolphin kicking in a 50 back than I do backstroke swimming ...I believe the dolphin kick discussion is a bit of hyperbole. However, currently dolphin kick is defined as an aspect of the butterfly stroke; similar to how being on your back is defined as an aspect of backstroke. The debate seems to be centered on how many aspects of a stroke must be present and for how long for your swim to be considered that stroke. This seems like a typical FINA response, shoot from the hip without thinking through the consequencesI’m not sure who is shooting from the hip. To the best of my knowledge FINA hasn’t said anything officially. All the conversation appears to be is coming from the swimming community, not FINA. It may just be rampant speculation on our part or it may be a trial balloon floated by FINA. I’m very interested in seeing where this goes.
Children
No Data