2015 Worlds / Who's doping & who's clean

2015 Worlds / Who's doping & who's clean 2015 Worlds Results Day 1 Sun, Aug 2, 2015 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8
Parents
  • I thought the rules on medley swims was that the 'freestyle' leg had to be a stroke other than the first three. Basically if you're on your back when you leave the wall you are doing legal backstroke, so I think there's a strong case for a DQ. Backstroke rules (aside from turns) are really amazing simplistic: if you are swimming on your back, it's backstroke. Lochte's swim may actually force a clarification on this rule. Yeah, but you're allowed to be UW SDK-ing for 15 meters in freestyle. It shouldn't make any difference whether you're SDK-ing on your belly, side or back and there's no "past vertical" rule in freestyle like the other strokes. The only "stroke" he took was freestyle. I seem to remember Mike Ross doing this in the 50 free with no issues. Love how the winning man in the 100 free was a former doper from China ... I have no confidence in the integrity of any athlete from Russia or China. I read that the Germans are speculating that Ledecky is doping. She didn't even do her best times in the 200 and 400 free. She's just the best all around freestyler in world right now. And she wouldn't have won the 200 if Sjostrom had swum it. Sjostrom had such a smooth stroke leading off the 800 free relay (and in the 100 free semis). Missy looked like she was flailing next to her. I think Sjostrom should focus on the 100/200 free instead of the 50/100.
  • I thought the rules on medley swims was that the 'freestyle' leg had to be a stroke other than the first three. Basically if you're on your back when you leave the wall you are doing legal backstroke, so I think there's a strong case for a DQ. Backstroke rules (aside from turns) are really amazing simplistic: if you are swimming on your back, it's backstroke. Lochte's swim may actually force a clarification on this rule. Yeah, but you're allowed to be UW SDK-ing for 15 meters in freestyle. It shouldn't make any difference whether you're SDK-ing on your belly, side or back and there's no "past vertical" rule in freestyle like the other strokes. The only "stroke" he took was freestyle. I seem to remember Mike Ross doing this in the 50 free with no issues. Love how the winning man in the 100 free was a former doper from China ... I have no confidence in the integrity of any athlete from Russia or China. I read that the Germans are speculating that Ledecky is doping. She didn't even do her best times in the 200 and 400 free. She's just the best all around freestyler in world right now. And she wouldn't have won the 200 if Sjostrom had swum it. Sjostrom had such a smooth stroke leading off the 800 free relay (and in the 100 free semis). Missy looked like she was flailing next to her. I think Sjostrom should focus on the 100/200 free instead of the 50/100.
Children
No Data