2015 Worlds / Who's doping & who's clean

2015 Worlds / Who's doping & who's clean 2015 Worlds Results Day 1 Sun, Aug 2, 2015 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8
Parents
  • Plus, we suck at the sprints for the most part, which is due to our training culture. I think it's embarrassing to have virtually no one in the 50 strokes. There is a reason Coughlin always swims the 50 free -- it makes her 100 faster. There are way too many 100 finals with no swimmers from the US. I agree. It's shameful. The excuse has always been that we don't want to 'focus' on events that aren't even contested in the Olympics. I think that's total BS. How about at least offer those events at the Worlds selection meet? Leave it to the individual swimmers whether or not to focus on these events. There are probably some swimmers who could make the team in the stroke 50s who wouldn't make the team in other events. I don't understand why they should be left home. We should be striving for more opportunities for our swimmers, not less.
  • Plus, we suck at the sprints for the most part, which is due to our training culture. I think it's embarrassing to have virtually no one in the 50 strokes. There is a reason Coughlin always swims the 50 free -- it makes her 100 faster. There are way too many 100 finals with no swimmers from the US. I agree. It's shameful. The excuse has always been that we don't want to 'focus' on events that aren't even contested in the Olympics. I think that's total BS. How about at least offer those events at the Worlds selection meet? Leave it to the individual swimmers whether or not to focus on these events. There are probably some swimmers who could make the team in the stroke 50s who wouldn't make the team in other events. I don't understand why they should be left home. We should be striving for more opportunities for our swimmers, not less.
Children
No Data