30 Most Influential People in Swimming

USA Swimming announced their list of the "30 most influential" people in swimming over the past 30 years. www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx OK, any list like this is going to be controversial, but one of the things I found somewhat bizarre is that of the 30 people honored only seven of them were active in the pool in the last 30 years. Also there are only 5 women. Lastly the list is a little heavy on USA Swimming executive types. Chuck Wielgus? Please...:shakeshead: Anyone else have any comments? Who's missing that should be on the list?
Parents
  • He's not on any list, but my HS swim coach Dave Walery, of Reavis in Burbank,il. was my mentor that taught me confidence to try harder and to try going to college. I have thanked him to many others as he is now gone. Thanks coach!
  • He's not on any list, but my HS swim coach Dave Walery, of Reavis in Burbank,il. was my mentor that taught me confidence to try harder and to try going to college. I have thanked him to many others as he is now gone. Thanks coach!
Children
No Data