Can someone explain me K. Hosszu

Former Member
Former Member
I don't get it in my mind. I try but I just can't... She is swimming every weekend a meet and is swimming almost everything in a short periode of time. Doesn't matter what. 4IM, 200 Butterfly, 200 back or even 1500 F...like nothing. But she can't stop, she is moving forward to the next meet and swimming faster and harder there and moving on.... Who and what can stop her, I mean there must be a limit...there must be a limit!? What do you think guys?
Parents
  • I think that she does the opposite of many swimmers and targets the in-season short course and long course (to some extent) meets (or the $ that you can get from them), and as a result does very well at them. Additionally, the more and more workload she takes on at these meets, the more that they serve as 'training' for her. I agree and it's a model that maybe should be emulated more in swimming. In most other sports athletes are expected to perform at the highest level throughout the majority of the year. Swimming is an outlier in the notion that we should reserve our peak performances for a couple times per year.
  • I think that she does the opposite of many swimmers and targets the in-season short course and long course (to some extent) meets (or the $ that you can get from them), and as a result does very well at them. Additionally, the more and more workload she takes on at these meets, the more that they serve as 'training' for her. I agree and it's a model that maybe should be emulated more in swimming. In most other sports athletes are expected to perform at the highest level throughout the majority of the year. Swimming is an outlier in the notion that we should reserve our peak performances for a couple times per year.
Children
No Data