Practice Starts when No Diving Allowed?

How should one prepare for starts when you're not allowed to use the blocks? Or even the side of the pool. The other day since I was the only one at the pool and the head lifeguard was on duty I got a chance to go off the blocks for the first time in a gazillion years. Holy moly! After diving in, completing a lap was a struggle. Could be my technique is gone, could be lack of strength (probably both) but the only thing for sure is a single start sucked the life out of me. Unfortunately, getting this opportunity was an anomaly and I can't count on getting to practice them again before the rare meet I can attend. I could go at length about the options I've looked into but the bottom line is getting opportunities for starts just isn't going to happen unless the moon and stars collide. So what can I do to prep for starts? Anything that I might be able to do in the pool to mimic the force I felt all around me (which I'm pretty sure was what sucked my energy)? I feel like I asked this question years ago but I can't find any similar threads. Thanks so much for your help!
Parents
  • I am sure you have called every pool in your area (colleges, universities, high schools) to explain your needs. Main requirements is that a pool is supposed to be at least 9ft deep for diving. Try Craig's List and see if you can utilize someone's pool, or Task Rabbit and see if you can rent someone's pool for a while. If you do Craig's List or Task Rabbit remember to take a friend along don't go someplace strange without a buddy system in place. Hard to believe your situation as I have access to multiple pools and they all allow diving. Not all of them allow diving off the starting blocks, but you can dive from the pool deck. One pool even allows us to to a running dive into the pool. Good Luck.
  • I am sure you have called every pool in your area (colleges, universities, high schools) to explain your needs. Main requirements is that a pool is supposed to be at least 9ft deep for diving. Try Craig's List and see if you can utilize someone's pool, or Task Rabbit and see if you can rent someone's pool for a while. If you do Craig's List or Task Rabbit remember to take a friend along don't go someplace strange without a buddy system in place. Hard to believe your situation as I have access to multiple pools and they all allow diving. Not all of them allow diving off the starting blocks, but you can dive from the pool deck. One pool even allows us to to a running dive into the pool. Good Luck.
Children
No Data