20 y/o male completely new to swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, so I'd like To get in shape and would love to begin swimming I've know how to swim since i could walk but I've never done it for fitness and I know I'll get my butt kicked. I just don't know where to start or how to start. Getting over the mental barriers is probably the biggest thing. How are masters swim clubs? How long does it take you to get the strokes down? Is there specific teams and groups that will teach you these things? What should you expect your first day of practice? What should you wear your first day of practice without looking like a goof? And any other advice and tips that you could think of or any direction you could point me in would be great.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Googles up on the forehead ok... around your neck... goofy or Chad Le Clos ... Wear jammers or square legs. Get some goggles that fit. Lower profile ones are better, no masks. Be coachable...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Googles up on the forehead ok... around your neck... goofy or Chad Le Clos ... Wear jammers or square legs. Get some goggles that fit. Lower profile ones are better, no masks. Be coachable...
Children
No Data