sprained ankle

I sprained my ankle foolishly trying to participate in land-based sports. :doh: No more pain while walking, but I'm not able to kick. Any advice on swimming with a sprained ankle? Does taping work?
Parents
  • I've sprained both my ankles at different points. The best advice I can give--which you won't like--is to stay out of the pool. Both times I went back to swimming way to early and did more damage that just caused the healing process to take longer. Depending on the severity of the sprain, you should rest a min of 2 weeks and as many as 8. Even with a pull buoy, swimming puts your foot at such an angle that impedes the healing process.
  • I've sprained both my ankles at different points. The best advice I can give--which you won't like--is to stay out of the pool. Both times I went back to swimming way to early and did more damage that just caused the healing process to take longer. Depending on the severity of the sprain, you should rest a min of 2 weeks and as many as 8. Even with a pull buoy, swimming puts your foot at such an angle that impedes the healing process.
Children
No Data