rule on records

Hypothetical question: can a hypothetical French citizen set hypothetical national records swimming for a hypothetical American team?
Parents
  • Also, in case you hadn’t noticed, the US in USA Swimming is also an abbreviation for United States and a number of the USA Swimming United States Open records are held by foreign citizens. USA Swimming United States Open records are meet records with a nice title not National records, which can only be held by U.S. citizens (I believe this is still the case). USMS records are labeled "national" records (i.e. labeled (N)), this seems to conflict with the USA terminology.
  • Also, in case you hadn’t noticed, the US in USA Swimming is also an abbreviation for United States and a number of the USA Swimming United States Open records are held by foreign citizens. USA Swimming United States Open records are meet records with a nice title not National records, which can only be held by U.S. citizens (I believe this is still the case). USMS records are labeled "national" records (i.e. labeled (N)), this seems to conflict with the USA terminology.
Children
No Data