rule on records

Hypothetical question: can a hypothetical French citizen set hypothetical national records swimming for a hypothetical American team?
Parents
  • No logical reason other than in the organizational name (USMS), is United States. Or maybe the logical reason is somewhere along the lines of USA Swimming where United States open records “May be established only within the geographical territory of the United States by any person eligible to compete” regardless of place of birth or citizenship. Also, in case you hadn’t noticed, the US in USA Swimming is also an abbreviation for United States and a number of the USA Swimming United States Open records are held by foreign citizens. My "goal" would be all can participate, get top ten, and win awards. However, if at nationals, a foreign citizen wins, then two 1st place medals are provided but only one national champion. No foreign citizens get United States records. The main problem with this goal is that it is in violation of USMS rules. May I suggest that you rethink your goal and have the goal be more along the line of changing the rules to establish a second class of record? Chris seemed to imply that a check box and verification perhaps would take too much effort…I imagine verification would take some effort, I’m not sure how much is too much. But it would be totally wasted effort under our current rules, where no check box or verification is needed.
  • No logical reason other than in the organizational name (USMS), is United States. Or maybe the logical reason is somewhere along the lines of USA Swimming where United States open records “May be established only within the geographical territory of the United States by any person eligible to compete” regardless of place of birth or citizenship. Also, in case you hadn’t noticed, the US in USA Swimming is also an abbreviation for United States and a number of the USA Swimming United States Open records are held by foreign citizens. My "goal" would be all can participate, get top ten, and win awards. However, if at nationals, a foreign citizen wins, then two 1st place medals are provided but only one national champion. No foreign citizens get United States records. The main problem with this goal is that it is in violation of USMS rules. May I suggest that you rethink your goal and have the goal be more along the line of changing the rules to establish a second class of record? Chris seemed to imply that a check box and verification perhaps would take too much effort…I imagine verification would take some effort, I’m not sure how much is too much. But it would be totally wasted effort under our current rules, where no check box or verification is needed.
Children
No Data