rule on records

Hypothetical question: can a hypothetical French citizen set hypothetical national records swimming for a hypothetical American team?
Parents
  • I'd really like an official ruling on non-US members of USMS and Top Ten times... as a current USMS member, living in Australia, likely to swim a TT time. (200 fly, SCM and/or LCM, 40-44. I've never raced a 200 before, but my 100 fly is decent. Wouldn't make USMS top ten in the 100, but might make Australian) The official ruling would be that your swim would count for a USMS Top Ten Time if you represented your USMS Club in that swim. If you represented your Australian Club then it would not count. I am assuming that you have double registered with both USMS and Australia which is perfectly legal in FINA masters swimming but not in FINA swimming so this can only happen in masters. You would know what your country of Australia would do in this case and they may have the same rule that you must represent your Australian Club to get an Australian National Record and Top Ten.
  • I'd really like an official ruling on non-US members of USMS and Top Ten times... as a current USMS member, living in Australia, likely to swim a TT time. (200 fly, SCM and/or LCM, 40-44. I've never raced a 200 before, but my 100 fly is decent. Wouldn't make USMS top ten in the 100, but might make Australian) The official ruling would be that your swim would count for a USMS Top Ten Time if you represented your USMS Club in that swim. If you represented your Australian Club then it would not count. I am assuming that you have double registered with both USMS and Australia which is perfectly legal in FINA masters swimming but not in FINA swimming so this can only happen in masters. You would know what your country of Australia would do in this case and they may have the same rule that you must represent your Australian Club to get an Australian National Record and Top Ten.
Children
No Data