rule on records

Hypothetical question: can a hypothetical French citizen set hypothetical national records swimming for a hypothetical American team?
Parents
  • There is no nationality check for Canadian or Provincial records. Most Americans swim for their American club at Canadian meets but if they registered with a Canadian club they could set Canadian records. This statement is correct. I was at the 2014 Masters Canadian Nationals last year along with 64 swimmers from the Michigan Masters Club. Swim Canada, unlike USMS keeps track of Canadian Open Records. The Michigan Masters Club set 35 Canadian Open Records. You can see all of the Canadian Open Records set by USMS swimmers linked here: www.michiganmasters.com/.../CanadianMasters_2014_resV1.pdf I think if you register for any FINA NGB that you are eligible for there National Records. I remember many years ago around 1991 that Rowdy Gaines was doing a clinic or something in Japan. He registered for a masters meet as a Japanese masters swimmer and set some World Records. He was listed in the record books as a swimmer from Japan even though he was not a resident of that country.
  • There is no nationality check for Canadian or Provincial records. Most Americans swim for their American club at Canadian meets but if they registered with a Canadian club they could set Canadian records. This statement is correct. I was at the 2014 Masters Canadian Nationals last year along with 64 swimmers from the Michigan Masters Club. Swim Canada, unlike USMS keeps track of Canadian Open Records. The Michigan Masters Club set 35 Canadian Open Records. You can see all of the Canadian Open Records set by USMS swimmers linked here: www.michiganmasters.com/.../CanadianMasters_2014_resV1.pdf I think if you register for any FINA NGB that you are eligible for there National Records. I remember many years ago around 1991 that Rowdy Gaines was doing a clinic or something in Japan. He registered for a masters meet as a Japanese masters swimmer and set some World Records. He was listed in the record books as a swimmer from Japan even though he was not a resident of that country.
Children
No Data