rule on records

Hypothetical question: can a hypothetical French citizen set hypothetical national records swimming for a hypothetical American team?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Does anyone know how Canada handles this issue? I know US swimmers go to Canadian meets all the time. Could a US citizen register with Canadian Masters Swimming and set a Canadian record? That would seem an illegitimate way to get a record to me,but I am not sure how it is different from a Frenchman setting a US record, but it does seem different somehow. There is no nationality check for Canadian or Provincial records. Most Americans swim for their American club at Canadian meets but if they registered with a Canadian club they could set Canadian records.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Does anyone know how Canada handles this issue? I know US swimmers go to Canadian meets all the time. Could a US citizen register with Canadian Masters Swimming and set a Canadian record? That would seem an illegitimate way to get a record to me,but I am not sure how it is different from a Frenchman setting a US record, but it does seem different somehow. There is no nationality check for Canadian or Provincial records. Most Americans swim for their American club at Canadian meets but if they registered with a Canadian club they could set Canadian records.
Children
No Data