rule on records

Hypothetical question: can a hypothetical French citizen set hypothetical national records swimming for a hypothetical American team?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    We have many USMS members who are citizens of other countries. It would not be practical to check everyone's citizenship; contrary to what Jeff Roddin said earlier, I don't think we could verify it only once. I think it would have to be done every year (because someone could change their citizenship). As sort of a thread hijack, :hijack: we have members who reside in other countries. Some of them are U.S. citizens, but others are not. I thought you might all like to see the list of countries to where the May-June issue of SWIMMER magazine was just mailed: Australia Bermuda Brazil Belarus Canada Finland France Germany Hong Kong Indonesia Ireland Israel Italy Japan Mexico Monaco Netherlands New Zealand Norway Poland Puerto Rico Russia Sweden Singapore South Korea Spain Switzerland Turks and Caicos Turkey Trinidad and Tobago United Kingdom U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    We have many USMS members who are citizens of other countries. It would not be practical to check everyone's citizenship; contrary to what Jeff Roddin said earlier, I don't think we could verify it only once. I think it would have to be done every year (because someone could change their citizenship). As sort of a thread hijack, :hijack: we have members who reside in other countries. Some of them are U.S. citizens, but others are not. I thought you might all like to see the list of countries to where the May-June issue of SWIMMER magazine was just mailed: Australia Bermuda Brazil Belarus Canada Finland France Germany Hong Kong Indonesia Ireland Israel Italy Japan Mexico Monaco Netherlands New Zealand Norway Poland Puerto Rico Russia Sweden Singapore South Korea Spain Switzerland Turks and Caicos Turkey Trinidad and Tobago United Kingdom U.S. Virgin Islands
Children
No Data