rule on records

Hypothetical question: can a hypothetical French citizen set hypothetical national records swimming for a hypothetical American team?
Parents
  • This may have something to do with your choice of thread title “rule on records” and your original post (paraphrasing – can a foreign citizen set a USMS national record) Thanks for clarifying...you are right I did put "rule" in my thread title. Since we have had at least 4 rule quotes on this thread, I thought we had moved on to debating the merits of the rule. Since we have moved out of the hypothetical, I suppose Mr. Granger probably does not care whether he has a United States record as he is French and I would think he would only care about French and World Records. My only point was that I found it odd that citizens of other countries could earn United States' (Masters Swimming) records. I am clearly in the minority and I'm ok if nobody wants to talk about it ever again.
  • This may have something to do with your choice of thread title “rule on records” and your original post (paraphrasing – can a foreign citizen set a USMS national record) Thanks for clarifying...you are right I did put "rule" in my thread title. Since we have had at least 4 rule quotes on this thread, I thought we had moved on to debating the merits of the rule. Since we have moved out of the hypothetical, I suppose Mr. Granger probably does not care whether he has a United States record as he is French and I would think he would only care about French and World Records. My only point was that I found it odd that citizens of other countries could earn United States' (Masters Swimming) records. I am clearly in the minority and I'm ok if nobody wants to talk about it ever again.
Children
No Data