rule on records

Hypothetical question: can a hypothetical French citizen set hypothetical national records swimming for a hypothetical American team?
Parents
  • Why would we require citizenship for USMS Registration?... To have us ask for passports and green cards seems little excessive for masters swimming and the organization as a whole. I don't think we should require citizenship. I imagine we already have plenty of USMS members who are living/training in this country for a variety of reasons and are not citizens. I think (as we currently do) we should open our doors / lanes / meets / membership to anyone who wants to join. I think we should take it as an honor that swimmers globally are coming to our Nationals - clearly they see USMS is doing something great, putting on a great event and offering great competition. If people feel strongly about this, they should put a USMS Rule proposal for a change to be submitted at the Convention this fall. As for the USMS SCY records, though, since I don't think any other country competes in SCY, we should just call them USMS World Records, kind of like MLB calls their premier event the World Series. How do we put forward a proposal?
  • Why would we require citizenship for USMS Registration?... To have us ask for passports and green cards seems little excessive for masters swimming and the organization as a whole. I don't think we should require citizenship. I imagine we already have plenty of USMS members who are living/training in this country for a variety of reasons and are not citizens. I think (as we currently do) we should open our doors / lanes / meets / membership to anyone who wants to join. I think we should take it as an honor that swimmers globally are coming to our Nationals - clearly they see USMS is doing something great, putting on a great event and offering great competition. If people feel strongly about this, they should put a USMS Rule proposal for a change to be submitted at the Convention this fall. As for the USMS SCY records, though, since I don't think any other country competes in SCY, we should just call them USMS World Records, kind of like MLB calls their premier event the World Series. How do we put forward a proposal?
Children
No Data