stopping or lessening menstrual flow

Former Member
Former Member
Any advice for natural ways to delay/stop or at least lessen your period? Mine is out of control lately to the point where swimming on day 1 is impossible and even day 2 is questionable. Of course Im on track to get it right in time for my big meet. My OB gave me a sample pack of BC (Lo Loestrin Fe) as the only option to address this, but Im worried about starting it now and getting all kinds of side effects right before the meet too. I feel like its a no-win situation. I think I would rather try other ways to attempt to delay it or at least lessen it and see what kind of luck I have rather than pump un-needed hormones in my body. Help please!!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Try Vitamin C. It's generally very effective in lessening the flow. Also make sure that you don't (under any circumstances) take any aspirin during your period. It has the exact opposite effect.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Try Vitamin C. It's generally very effective in lessening the flow. Also make sure that you don't (under any circumstances) take any aspirin during your period. It has the exact opposite effect.
Children
No Data