Freestyle stroke flaw suggestions requested, please

Between swimming for a few months with a painful hip pre-surgery and having to swim with a pull buoy for nine weeks post-surgery, my hip problems caused a new stroke flaw that I had never had in the past with my freestyle. Check out my entire left arm and my right hand in the videos below, and you'll see what I mean. To help correct the flaw, I've been using a pair of Finis Forearm Fulcrums and doing the bow and arrow drill, but I thought I would check in with my fellow Forumites for additional suggestions. I'm mainly concerned with my entry leading up to the pull. Due to a previous (non-swimming related) major shoulder surgery, I can't keep my elbows any higher on the pull, because of the stress on my clavicles. www.youtube.com/watch Thanks, Forumites! :agree:
Parents
  • Elaine! So good to see you back in the water and kicking so well after your hip surgery :) Keep doing what you're doing. I would add to the bow and arrow drill the recommendation that you work on single arm, if possible. That will allow you to really focus on each arm and control your movements, observing what you are doing during each phase of the stroke cycle. Keep up the great work!
  • Elaine! So good to see you back in the water and kicking so well after your hip surgery :) Keep doing what you're doing. I would add to the bow and arrow drill the recommendation that you work on single arm, if possible. That will allow you to really focus on each arm and control your movements, observing what you are doing during each phase of the stroke cycle. Keep up the great work!
Children
No Data