Faking a swim

I recently read an article or comment on SwimSwam where someone mentioned the term 'faking a swim'. As I understand it, it usually implies a swimmer swims and trains for events X and Y well but, due to previous training history, natural ability, or effects from training for events X & Y they can put up a respectable time in event Z. I've heard it before but would be interested in hearing others thoughts on what qualifies as faking a swim, what enables a swimmer to do so etc... Not looking for insight on how to personally accomplish one.
Parents
  • dan, uh no. "faking a swim" - as i have always understood, it is exactly as what Tetley said....not training for an event and then throwing down a very good time. i cant do this. i know some that can, but its not me. i have no natural talent or ability. i'm just a sword (or plowshare) that's been beaten into that form by thousands of miles of training. some are naturally gifted...the rest of us have to suck it up the hard way. i think TSA has only ever had 1 fast guy (glenn t) and certainly this girl but she must have been way after i left kansas.
  • dan, uh no. "faking a swim" - as i have always understood, it is exactly as what Tetley said....not training for an event and then throwing down a very good time. i cant do this. i know some that can, but its not me. i have no natural talent or ability. i'm just a sword (or plowshare) that's been beaten into that form by thousands of miles of training. some are naturally gifted...the rest of us have to suck it up the hard way. i think TSA has only ever had 1 fast guy (glenn t) and certainly this girl but she must have been way after i left kansas.
Children
No Data