Coach Leaving--advice please

Former Member
Former Member
My granddaughter(16 y/o) is devistated. Her coach is moving on. At this point we don't know who will take over. Have any of you ever 'lost' a coach? What would you say to a teen in this situation? Thanks
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Lol I never said I could spell but it was close enough y'all knew what I meant. Thanks for the advice. The next closest team is an hour away, but that is a possibility 3 or 4 days a week, and the coach there is top notch too. But, what will happen to her times going from 2x a day to 4 practices a week? I have also proposed to my daughter that my granddaughter and I follow the coach. That has been met with silence. We are going to wait and see what the new coach is like. My granddaughter doesn't tolerate drama. This really threw everyone for a loop. No one expected it. So, I think devastated was an appropriate reaction for a young one with no world experience.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Lol I never said I could spell but it was close enough y'all knew what I meant. Thanks for the advice. The next closest team is an hour away, but that is a possibility 3 or 4 days a week, and the coach there is top notch too. But, what will happen to her times going from 2x a day to 4 practices a week? I have also proposed to my daughter that my granddaughter and I follow the coach. That has been met with silence. We are going to wait and see what the new coach is like. My granddaughter doesn't tolerate drama. This really threw everyone for a loop. No one expected it. So, I think devastated was an appropriate reaction for a young one with no world experience.
Children
No Data