Coach Leaving--advice please

Former Member
Former Member
My granddaughter(16 y/o) is devistated. Her coach is moving on. At this point we don't know who will take over. Have any of you ever 'lost' a coach? What would you say to a teen in this situation? Thanks
Parents
  • oh yes. the coach that helped me get a NAGR and multitime AA left after NJO's when i was 15. just try to instill some faith that the next coach will be just as good...or switch/move to a different club. and sometimes that move can even be away from your family. at 16 i left home and went to MVN. was only back home for the 1st semester of my senior year in hs then back to MVN and then college. effectively i left home at 16 and never really returned all because of swimming.
  • oh yes. the coach that helped me get a NAGR and multitime AA left after NJO's when i was 15. just try to instill some faith that the next coach will be just as good...or switch/move to a different club. and sometimes that move can even be away from your family. at 16 i left home and went to MVN. was only back home for the 1st semester of my senior year in hs then back to MVN and then college. effectively i left home at 16 and never really returned all because of swimming.
Children
No Data