Fins Fins Fins

I know fins are good training tool, take some of the pressure off my sore rotator cuff, and do improve my kick after even a couple laps. But the Speedos I have feel really heavy. I'm small, and am looking for fins that won't weigh me down so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I've been using the new DMC fins and I'm still not sure I like fins in any form. They feel heavy on my feet, heavier even than my old snorkel fins, and wonder if perhaps I'm using them wrong or expecting something they're not meant to do, which is alleviate stress on my shoulder. My legs are very tired after I use them for only a few laps. Maybe I'm not used to them. Or maybe I'm just not someone who likes fins. ElaineK, I intended to pem you to tell you I was sorry you had to go through arthroscopic hip surgery. I hope you are on your way to mending and getting back into the pool. Hi Denise, I've used fins (almost too much) for at least the last 15 years with no problems. I used to wear Speedo's split training fins and loved them. They were softer, fit great, and not too heavy. The only problem is that they only last 2 months before the foot part split in the toe box. I switched to TYR crossblades, but now I've noticed more calf/foot cramping after 3000 yards (of swimming with and without fins, all strokes). They are heavier, and I'm sure that's the issue. I can't seem to find anything comparable to those Speedo fins, which BTW, are no longer available.:bitching: Hope they bring them back with in a more durable version.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I've been using the new DMC fins and I'm still not sure I like fins in any form. They feel heavy on my feet, heavier even than my old snorkel fins, and wonder if perhaps I'm using them wrong or expecting something they're not meant to do, which is alleviate stress on my shoulder. My legs are very tired after I use them for only a few laps. Maybe I'm not used to them. Or maybe I'm just not someone who likes fins. ElaineK, I intended to pem you to tell you I was sorry you had to go through arthroscopic hip surgery. I hope you are on your way to mending and getting back into the pool. Hi Denise, I've used fins (almost too much) for at least the last 15 years with no problems. I used to wear Speedo's split training fins and loved them. They were softer, fit great, and not too heavy. The only problem is that they only last 2 months before the foot part split in the toe box. I switched to TYR crossblades, but now I've noticed more calf/foot cramping after 3000 yards (of swimming with and without fins, all strokes). They are heavier, and I'm sure that's the issue. I can't seem to find anything comparable to those Speedo fins, which BTW, are no longer available.:bitching: Hope they bring them back with in a more durable version.
Children
No Data