Fins Fins Fins

I know fins are good training tool, take some of the pressure off my sore rotator cuff, and do improve my kick after even a couple laps. But the Speedos I have feel really heavy. I'm small, and am looking for fins that won't weigh me down so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Parents
  • I tried a pair at a clinic and I only swam a 25 with them as I thought they put undue strain on my knees. That was at a time when my knees were in worse shape than they are now,so YMMV. I have had several people who were not "natural breaststrokers" who felt they really helped them learn the feel of the kick. I have not heard the same from "natural breaststrokers."I think if you have a good BR kick already they are probably not worth it,but if you don't,they may help. This is in keeping with my thoughts about paddles,they can be a real help with stroke mechanics,but if you are primarily using them to increase resistance,you may end up with sore shoulders. Couldn't agree more, Allen!
  • I tried a pair at a clinic and I only swam a 25 with them as I thought they put undue strain on my knees. That was at a time when my knees were in worse shape than they are now,so YMMV. I have had several people who were not "natural breaststrokers" who felt they really helped them learn the feel of the kick. I have not heard the same from "natural breaststrokers."I think if you have a good BR kick already they are probably not worth it,but if you don't,they may help. This is in keeping with my thoughts about paddles,they can be a real help with stroke mechanics,but if you are primarily using them to increase resistance,you may end up with sore shoulders. Couldn't agree more, Allen!
Children
No Data