Fins Fins Fins

I know fins are good training tool, take some of the pressure off my sore rotator cuff, and do improve my kick after even a couple laps. But the Speedos I have feel really heavy. I'm small, and am looking for fins that won't weigh me down so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Parents
  • Hey, determinedtri, Which model of the DMC fins do you have: DMC Swim Training Short Fins (open-back foot pocket) www.dmcswim.com/swim-training-short-fins or World's Best Training Fins (closed foot pocket) www.dmcswim.com/worlds-best-training-fins How do you like them? Which model do most of your teammates have? Anna Lea You didn't ask me exactly, but I have the open back ones. I love them. They do not chafe my feet and for me they are stiff enough to add resistance but not so stiff, heavy, or long that they hurt my ankles or slow my kick cadence. I got them from SwimOutlet.com about two years ago. I like using fins sort of as resistance training. I do hard kick sets with a lot of rest between reps, usually on my back but sometimes on my front with my snorkel. Sometimes I swim with them too. Because they don't slow my kick cadence they also don't slow my arm turnover, although when I swim backstroke with them I have to be careful because they reduce my stroke count between flags and wall. Like WaterRat, when I swim with my fins it's always on sets where I am trying to swim very fast. I never just swim with them to go faster and keep up. I am not even sure that I could use them that way, because they force me to six-beat kick and six-beat kicking against that extra resistance gets my HR up higher than anything else in practice except maybe a race with a teammate. But I think they can be useful to simulate going as fast as or even faster than I would in a race.
  • Hey, determinedtri, Which model of the DMC fins do you have: DMC Swim Training Short Fins (open-back foot pocket) www.dmcswim.com/swim-training-short-fins or World's Best Training Fins (closed foot pocket) www.dmcswim.com/worlds-best-training-fins How do you like them? Which model do most of your teammates have? Anna Lea You didn't ask me exactly, but I have the open back ones. I love them. They do not chafe my feet and for me they are stiff enough to add resistance but not so stiff, heavy, or long that they hurt my ankles or slow my kick cadence. I got them from SwimOutlet.com about two years ago. I like using fins sort of as resistance training. I do hard kick sets with a lot of rest between reps, usually on my back but sometimes on my front with my snorkel. Sometimes I swim with them too. Because they don't slow my kick cadence they also don't slow my arm turnover, although when I swim backstroke with them I have to be careful because they reduce my stroke count between flags and wall. Like WaterRat, when I swim with my fins it's always on sets where I am trying to swim very fast. I never just swim with them to go faster and keep up. I am not even sure that I could use them that way, because they force me to six-beat kick and six-beat kicking against that extra resistance gets my HR up higher than anything else in practice except maybe a race with a teammate. But I think they can be useful to simulate going as fast as or even faster than I would in a race.
Children
No Data