Fins Fins Fins

I know fins are good training tool, take some of the pressure off my sore rotator cuff, and do improve my kick after even a couple laps. But the Speedos I have feel really heavy. I'm small, and am looking for fins that won't weigh me down so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I have had fins for a couple years but only used them sparingly. I just started going to coached Master's practices this year and we almost always use them for the warm-up set. I also have shoulder issues (tendonosis and impingement in my rotator cuff) and fins have helped. I like fins because it lets me warm up my shoulders without putting a lot of pressure on them. I have found that as I get older it takes a lot longer to get fully warmed up for harder sets. I was still struggling with shoulder issues but using fins for warmup has helped. I have 2 sets and rotate based on what I'm feeling that day or stroke. I use TYR flexfins, a traditional long fin. They are super comfortable, flexible and lightweight (in the water.) I also have TYR Burner EBP short fins to keep me honest. :) I like these too but just don't use them as much.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I have had fins for a couple years but only used them sparingly. I just started going to coached Master's practices this year and we almost always use them for the warm-up set. I also have shoulder issues (tendonosis and impingement in my rotator cuff) and fins have helped. I like fins because it lets me warm up my shoulders without putting a lot of pressure on them. I have found that as I get older it takes a lot longer to get fully warmed up for harder sets. I was still struggling with shoulder issues but using fins for warmup has helped. I have 2 sets and rotate based on what I'm feeling that day or stroke. I use TYR flexfins, a traditional long fin. They are super comfortable, flexible and lightweight (in the water.) I also have TYR Burner EBP short fins to keep me honest. :) I like these too but just don't use them as much.
Children
No Data