Fins Fins Fins

I know fins are good training tool, take some of the pressure off my sore rotator cuff, and do improve my kick after even a couple laps. But the Speedos I have feel really heavy. I'm small, and am looking for fins that won't weigh me down so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Parents
  • I know that this thread is on fins, but many people have a slower or "weaker" kick because of incorrect technique. The link below shows a good kick versus a bad kick. Basically in a weak freestyle kick, the knee moves upward or away from the direction of the kick. This results in the foot not really providing the propulsion seen in a good kick. This can visualized as if when kicking a ball, your knee moves backwards as your foot moves forwards. Kicking with fins to be able to keep up in practice may just hide the problem - it is probably best to improve one's technique. I know that fins can help in strengthening the kick. www.usaswimming.org/ViewNewsArticle.aspx
  • I know that this thread is on fins, but many people have a slower or "weaker" kick because of incorrect technique. The link below shows a good kick versus a bad kick. Basically in a weak freestyle kick, the knee moves upward or away from the direction of the kick. This results in the foot not really providing the propulsion seen in a good kick. This can visualized as if when kicking a ball, your knee moves backwards as your foot moves forwards. Kicking with fins to be able to keep up in practice may just hide the problem - it is probably best to improve one's technique. I know that fins can help in strengthening the kick. www.usaswimming.org/ViewNewsArticle.aspx
Children
No Data